Friday, August 20, 2010

Mosley-Smith Ineligible

Freshman DT Khaynin Mosley-Smith was ruled academically ineligible. Rivals has the low-down and t apparently stems from an online course he took:
Mosley-Smith, 6'2" 295, enrolled at Pitt this summer after graduating from Woodland Hills High School. On Thursday, WPXI in Pittsburgh reported that the NCAA was investigating the participation of several Woodland Hills students in Passkey, an online course program.
"They rejected the class, so if [Mosley-Smith and his family] appeal it, which I'm sure they will, that takes time," Wannstedt said. Classes for Pitt's fall term begin on Monday, August 30th.
Mosley-Smith is a local kid (Woodland Hills) and was a three-star recruit last year. He likely would have redshirted this year anyway and he's had a tough go of things with his family life:
• Why the hyphenated last name? My mom and father wanted me to have both of their names so it's hyphenated. I get asked that a lot. But my father [Kendall Mosley] passed when I was 10 years old. He was murdered.
• How hard has it been to grow up without a father? My mom has always been strict. That's what has motivated me more than ever. I have six other brothers and sisters, and I feel like I have to be the one to someday get my mom out of the struggle. That's one of the real reasons I wanted the scholarship. I'll be the first one in my family going to college.
Hopefully he can find his way back into the program. Anyone that likes Cinnamon Toast Crunch and can throw back 40 wings is okay with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment