Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day Three of Camp

Day three of camp brought a familiar incident:

Here is a story we've heard before (far too many times) -- redshirt junior safety Elijah Fields was demoted to the second team today because there were some "internal" issues which have “come up during camp” (Dave Wannstedt's words, not mine).

But hey brace yourself for this --- he'll be back to the first team tomorrow.

Or so we’re told.>


You really hope that it's nothing serious. By the sound of it, if he's only been dropped from the first team for a day, it doesn't sound too bad.

Meanwhile, Zeise checks back in with a look at the unclear LB position.

Adam Gunn seems confident of a successful return after last year's injury"

"I couldn't be more excited," Gunn said. "I used the whole spring just getting a feel, trying to get over the whole injury. Now, I'm ready to go. Nothing is holding me back. I'm trying not to have any concerns. I'm trying to keep it in the back of my mind and not think about it. I'm definitely looking forward to (today). I'm truly, truly, truly excited about it.

"I'm sure it's going to go well. I can't wait."


You've got to think that the first few hits he dishes out will be cautious ones. But his approach (at least to the media) sounds like the correct one.

In other news, Kolby Gray, the recruited QB from Texas, will miss the season to have shoulder surgery. Not particularly big news team-wise since he was going to be redshirting, but it would have been nice for him to be able to practice this year and learn the ropes a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment