Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Another O-Lineman in the Fold

Okay, so I have to admit, the first thing I noticed in this article was...

350 pounds

Welcome to Arthur Doakes of Lebanon High School - the newest member of the 2010 recruiting class.

Man, are you kidding me? The next thing that struck me was that he wasn't getting a lot of good offers - at least not yet.

"A lot of other schools wanted to wait for my senior film," said Doakes, who also was receiving interest from Connecticut, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Virginia and West Virginia, "but I'm glad Pitt saw (potential) in me."

Kind of surprising that he maybe didn't get more looks if he's as agile as his team's defensive coordinator thinks he is. Still, maybe this was one of those kids that Pitt seems to think they got in on early.

No comments:

Post a Comment